Missives from D.C., the the land land of of double double speak speak.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

WNTW Diaries Pt. 3: What knot to whizz

I'm bringing my ties. My ties. I don't even know what ties I have. I own like 10. I think there's a looney tunes one in there, a jackson pollack thing, some h0ldover from the 80's thin ties, maybe even a sock tie (though if there is one, I'll burn it myself). I wear maybe one a year. But they want to see them, along with my socks, and hats and belt and -EEP- underwear.

It's finally sinking in that I'm going because yesterday we bought the massive luggage that will be required to haul everything. It's freaking out the cats because they know what luggage means: Either we're leaving them for an extended period of time or they're going to the vet. Either option tends not to fill them with joy. They've spent the last day since the appearance of the luggage alternating between barfing on things and peeing on things. At least this time if they barf/pee on our laundry, it's not longer our problem.